Aero Logistics is an established aviation company based in Newcastle NSW, with satellite bases in the Gold Coast, Hunter Valley, Sydney, Essendon, Newman, and Emerald. Aero Logistics operate a mixed fleet of rotary and fixed wing aircraft on charter and aerial work throughout the Australasian region.
We are currently seeking applications for a suitably qualified and experienced Head of Flying Operations (HOFO) who is a positive and safety focused leader to join our team. This is a pivotal role in a well-respected Aviation Company which provides a range of services and has potential for substantial growth.
The HOFO provides regulatory and procedural leadership and guidance to the Company and its team of pilots, ensuring compliance, training and operational goals are achieved, as well as being a mentor and facilitator to develop the team of highly capable pilots. We are seeking a HOFO who can also assist in the expansion into new operations, share ideas and provide demonstrated leadership and expertise for continuous improvement of the business.
Our fleet includes the following aircraft types;
- Cessna 206
- Cessna 404 Titan
- Reims 406 Caravan II
- Cessna 441 Conquest
- GAF N22 Nomad
This position, reporting to the CEO (or its delegate), will be responsible for ensuring Fixed Wing Operations are conducted in a safe, compliant, and efficient manner. This will include the requirements set forth by Australian & International Regulations, CASA, as well as BARS, ISO and client requirements.
The successful applicant will also lead the pilot team by example to implement the highest standards of aircraft handling, professionalism, safety and compliance through all aspects of flight and ground operations.
They will participate in the continuous identification of risks within the organisations operations as well as oversee and lead the Company’s rigorous system of pilot recurrency checking and training, maintain all relevant administration, rostering, safety and licensing systems to the highest of standards.
- Current Experience;
- 5,000+ hours total time (fixed wing)
- 3,000+ hours Pilot in Command (PIC)
- 2,000+ hours multi engine
- 1,500+ hours Turbine
- 100+ hours on Cessna 400 series experience
- flying experience within a 10% margin will be considered
- CASA CPL(A) or Higher
- CASA Class 1 Medical
- Current Multi Engine Instrument Rating
- Endorsement on Reims F406 and Cessna C441 Conquest airframes
- Previous experience in a management role
- High level of written and verbal communication skills with strong organisational skills
- Current ASIC
- Current Dangerous Goods Awareness Certificate
- Current Crew Resource Management Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Passport
- Previous Chief Pilot/Head of Flying Operations experience
- Previous experience working in a BARS compliant/certified operation
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Instructor Rating with Grade 2 or Grade 1 endorsement
- Previous Aerial Survey experience
- GAF N22 Nomad Endorsement
- Experience in managing remote operations
The successful applicant will be required to travel domestically and internationally on Flight Operations and can expect to receive a competitive and attractive salary package.